The South Central Transit Authority (SCTA) is developing a Transit Development Plan (TDP) for the fixed-route bus and paratransit services in Berks and Lancaster Counties. The TDP will serve as a guide for meeting future demands for transit services and increasing the overall use of public transit. Development of the TDP involves:
- Identifying demographics and travel trends
- Evaluating current BARTA and RRTA
- Gathering input from riders and the public regarding existing services and future needs
- Establishing goals and strategies to address unmet transit needs and services issues
- Identifying and evaluating opportunities for potential growth, such as bus service connecting the cities of Reading and Lancaster and a circulator in downtown Lancaster
- Estimating the level of funding available to provide transit services over the life of the plan
- Providing recommendations and an implementation plan to improve transit services and meet future needs
SCTA will be seeking community input throughout the planning process. In addition to the public outreach activities noted below, SCTA will be conducting stakeholder interviews, agency workshops, and a business survey.
Come to a public meeting to share your input about existing and future transit service in your community.
RRTA – Lancaster County Meeting
Thursday, November 16, 2017
Open House from 4pm – 7pm
Park City Mall Community Room – 142 Park City Center, Lancaster, PA 17601
To access the Community Room, enter the Mall at the Kohl’s entrance, proceed up the stairs or elevator and turn left.
Business Community Survey
SCTA is interested in hearing from the business community and the transportation issues and needs they may have at their locations. A Business Community Survey will be posted here very soon.