Rural Shared Ride Service
If you are already using Red Rose Access services, this program will not replace your current service and is designed to be the funding source of last resort.
Cost of the service will vary depending on where you are traveling. If eligible for the service, you will receive a discount on the shared-ride service fare. You will be required to have the exact fare when boarding the vehicle. Be certain to ask the amount of the fare when you make your reservation.
You are eligible for this program if you are:
- 18 years to 64 years of age
- You have any disability as defined by the ADA and your disability has been certified by a physician or agency.
- You have completed the Registration Form
- Your trip is outside the metropolitan region or more than 3/4 mile from a bus route.
An application can be mailed to you upon request by calling (717) 291-1243 or 1-800-892-1122 or you may access the application by clicking the link below. RRTA will make a determination of eligibility within 21 days of receiving your application for service. If approved, RRTA will issue a letter of approval, which will include instructions on how to use the service. Anyone denied eligibility has the right to file an appeal with RRTA within 60 days of receiving a notice of denial.
Scheduling Your Trip
Call RRTA at (717) 291-1243 or 1-800-892-1122.
TDD service is also available at (717) 358-1935.
Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Service is generally available Monday through Friday between 5:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. in the rural areas of Lancaster County.
- Service to Lancaster City and the metropolitan area, is available arriving at 9 a.m. and leaving at 3p.m., Monday through Friday.
The scheduling deadline for reservations is 3:00 p.m. the day before you want to travel.
On holidays, when RRTA offices are closed, (New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas) please call 509-8996 to schedule a trip. This line will be answered by RRTA’s voice mail system. When leaving a message on the voice mail please provide the following information:
- Pick-up Time and Date of Travel
- Pick-up Address
- Destination Address
- Return Trip Time (if needed)
- Telephone Number
- Assistance by Personal Care Attendant
Personal Care Attendant
You may require the assistance of a personal care attendant to meet your mobility needs. Your attendant will ride for a small charge only if you are certified in advance to travel with an attendant. A companion may travel with you, but will pay the full cost of each trip.
Cancellations and No Shows
We understand that sometimes circumstances occur which prevent you from using your trip. Please call and cancel your trip at least one hour before your scheduled pickup. If you fail to call and cancel your trip and do not take your trip as scheduled, it may be necessary for RRTA to charge you a no show.
Guide Service Animals
Guide service animals are welcome on our vehicles. For the comfort of other passengers and for health reasons, we cannot allow pets on vehicles.